Nunez Community College is a comprehensive community college offering a general education and occupational technologies curriculum that blends the arts, sciences, and humanities leading to associate degrees, certificates, and workforce development opportunities. Nunez Community College has partnered with businesses and industries to provide instruction, training and workforce development in the fields constantly looking for skilled employees.
Nunez Community College offers a wide range of technical and employment related training programs. Courses are scheduled in such fields as industrial technology, computer science, teaching, welding, health services, HVAC as well as culinary arts, clerical, paralegal and other occupational fields. http://www.nunez.edu/
There are 11 major colleges or universities located within a hour and a half drive from St. Bernard Parish. Five of these institutions offer doctoral degrees in the arts, sciences, engineering, medical and legal fields. These universities are nationally and internationally recognized as sponsoring extensive research activities.
- Upper Iowa University 1 mile
- Tulane University 12 miles
- Southern University at New Orleans (SUNO) 12 miles
- University of New Orleans (UNO) 12 miles
- LSU Medical Center 12 miles
- Tulane University Medical Center 12 miles
- Loyola University 12 miles
- Xavier University 12 miles
- Dillard University 12 miles
- Southeastern Louisiana University (SLU) 80 miles
- Louisiana State University (LSU) 90 miles
- Southern University 90 miles
- The Louisiana Workforce Development Commission
Louisiana Workforce Development Commission
The Louisiana Workforce Commission is a key resource and partner in serving the needs of industry and labor. Visit the site below for information about training, incentives, and other Workforce development topics relevant to Louisiana and St. Bernard.